Updated: Apr 1, 2022
안녕하세요 ! Welcome everybody. I'm Maya from Belgium. My korean name is Yoo Sohyeon (유소현) so call me as you want. I am a kpop fan, an Kdrama addict, and I love learning language evan if it's not easy right?
I speak fluently French because this is my first language. Second, I learn Dutch at school since maybe 7 or 8 years but I'm not fluent... Same for the English language I learn it since 3 years but I think I'm more fluent in it than in Dutch. I also learn Spanish at school, I began 1year ago. And finally, I have a Korean learning experience of almost 1 year. So I hope that we can improve together.
My intro is finished, let's begin! But if you have any questions don't to comment or to DM me on instagram: @yoosohyeon.
The topic is Sogang University! Actually I really would like to attend this school next semester so let me show you how is it going.
First, for the next semester (September 2022), the application period will begin on April 11th at 10:00AM and will end on May 27th at 5:00 Pm.
There is application fees which amounts to 150.000 KRW. It's approximately 112€ or $123 USD. There is an online application AND a real application that requires you to send the documents in the mail/by post. You must complete both before May 27th at 5:00 PM.
As for myself, I will apply for the College of Media, Arts and Science but there are a lot of other College at Sogang University ; I left the link there if you want to watch, It can be a really great experience.
You have to send your physical application to this address:
The Office of International Affairs
Berchmans Woojung Hall #201
35 Baekbeom-ro (Sinsu-Dong)
To this adress, you will have to send several required documents:
- your high school diploma (if you're not graduated yet, you can send a document that say that you will have your diploma at the end of the year) and the high school transcript for all years of highschool VERIFIED BY APOSTILLE (click here to learn what Apostille is)
- if you're not in a school where the lessons are in English, you need to provide a language proficiency test score like TOEFL or IETLS. And you can also pass the TOPIK test if you want. (If you completed your education in entirely English or entirely Korean then you don't have to provide any score)
- a copy of your passport and a copy of your parents' passeport or ID.
- a copy of your Birth Certificate
- a bank statement with an account of 20000USD
- the application form (you'll have it online when you do the application so just need to print it and put it in an envelope)
- the agreement for verification of academics records (when you apply online)
- a personal statement and a study plan (to be completed online too)
Lastly, they announce the accepted students on June 30th, 2022.
It's finish for this time! Hope you have liked it. If I post about it again, that'll be about the scholarships.
Important Deadlines Listed Again:
Completion of Online Application - April 11th - May 27th, 2022
Submission of Original Documents -
April 11th - May 27th, 2022
Acceptance Announcment -
June 30th, 2022
Here Is The Complete Guide You Can Look To! It has information in Korean, English, and Chinese, but you'll have to scroll down to see the different language's versions.