Updated: Feb 16
안녕하세요!! 네가 괜찮 길 바라. I am Vaibhavi from India. Today's lesson is quite interesting, in this lesson I will introduce to some phrases and vocabulary that you can use on Valentine's day to express your love to your loved ones.
Just like in other countries South Koreans celebrate Valentine's Day on 14th February. Single people don't celebrate this day but have similar holiday for themselves called Black Day. There is also a similar holiday like Valentine Day called White Day which will be mentioned at the end of this lesson. In Korea Valentine's Day is celebrated a bit differently than Western countries. In Korea, women give gifts to men. The customary gift is chocolate. Now let's dive in and learn phrases and vocabulary related to Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day Phrases:
1) 사랑해요 = I love you
2) 당신은 나에게 무척 소중해요 = You mean so much to me
3) 나랑 사귈래? = Will you be my valentine?
4) 정말 아름다우세요 = You are so beautiful.
5) 나는 너를 친구 이상으로 생각해. = I think of you as more than a friend.
6) 백 개의 심장도 너를 향한 내 모든 사랑을 담기에는 너무 모자랄거야. = A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.
7) 사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다. = Love is just love. It can never be explained.
8) 정말 잘생기셨어요! = You are so handsome!
9) 나는 너에게 반했어. = I've got a crush on you.
10) 당신이 하는 모든 일이 사랑으로 행해지기를. = Let all that you do be done in love.
11) 당신 덕분에 난 더 좋은 사람이 되고 싶어졌어요. = You make me want to be a better man.
12) 내 사랑 당신은 내 행복의 근원이에요. = You are my sunshine, my love.
13) 말은 당신을 위한 내 사랑을 설명 할 수 없습니다. = Words can't describe my love for you.
14) 우리는 천생연분이야. = We were meant to be together.
15) 좋아해요 = I like you.
Essential Vocabulary :
연애 = romance
여자친구 = girlfriend
남자친구 = boyfriend
장미 = rose
키스 = kiss
안아주다 = hug
초콜렛 = chocolate
사랑 = love
달콤한 = sweet
사탕 = candy
발렌타인 데이 = Valentine's Day
선물 = present
발렌타인데이 카드 =
데이트 = Date
테디 베어 = teddy bear
꽃다발 = bouquet
하트 = heart
캔디하트 = candy heart
프로포즈 = Propose
자기 / 여보 = Darling
썸 타다 = to have potential, undecided relation of love with someone
데이트하다 = To go on a date
고백하다 = to tell your inner thoughts/ to confess
사귀다 = to go out out with someone/ seeing someone
Holidays Similar to Valentine's Day:
The two most important days in addition to Valentine's Day are the 14th of March is Korea celebrated as White Day and 14th of April as Black Day
On March 14th, White Day originally known as Marshmallow Day. On this day the roles are reversed that is the men give gifts to women and reciprocate the love gesture shown by women on 14th February on Valentine's Day. The Black Day(14th April)is dedicated to all the singles who didn't receive confessions on Valentine's Day as well as Black Day. It’s a day when single friends meet each other to eat jjajangmyeon, a noodle meal with black sauce.
That's it for today's lesson I hope you spend the Valentine's Day with your loved ones. For more lessons visit our website at